Cannot build evaluation version of Editor with Vite/Vue

Cannot build evaluation version of Editor with Vite/Vue

Janez TrtnikJanez Trtnik Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

I'm using evaluation version of Editor in Vite/Vue framework and I've installed necessary packages.
Application does not build when I try to import and use Editor.

The problem is in node_modules\@datatables.net\editor-2023-05-27-dt\js\editor.dataTables.mjs:

/*! DataTables styling integration for DataTables' Editor
 * ©SpryMedia Ltd - datatables.net/license
 */

import $ from 'jquery'
import DataTable from 'datatables.net-dt'
import Editor from '@datatables.net/editor-2023-05-27'

var Editor = DataTable.Editor

export default Editor

First issue is with
Identifier 'Editor' has already been declared (Note that you need plugins to import files that are not JavaScript)
file: C:/vue/ws2022/node_modules/@datatables.net/editor-2023-05-27-dt/js/editor.dataTables.mjs:9:4

I applied correction to DataTable.Editor = Editor as proposed by kshinde in https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/comment/220864/#Comment_220864.

However after this the build aborts with
Illegal reassignment to import '$'
file: C:/vue/ws2022/node_modules/@datatables.net/editor-2023-05-27/js/dataTables.editor.mjs:20:104206

Is this problem related only to evaluation version and can you fix it or propose solution?

Best regards, Janez

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin

Hi Janez,

Yes, you can't do:

import X from '...'

var X = ...;

In Javascript. The would be declaring X twice (Editor in your sample code above).

You shouldn't actually need line 9 - I think you can just drop that.

I think I've made an identical error in the 2.1.2 release of Editor which is causing that Illegal reassignment error. I'll tag up and release 2.1.3 with a fix for that tomorrow. Apologies for the error.

Regards,
    Allan

• rwgreenwoodrwgreenwood Posts: 43Questions: 13Answers: 0

I'm also seeing the error "Identifier 'Editor' has already been declared". Removing the declaration :var Editor = DataTable.Editor; in
    node_modules/@datatables.net/editor-dt/js/editor.dataTables.mjs
    eliminates the error. But your comment above suggests that I should have picked yp the fix in 2.1.3, which is the version that I have installed. Can you clarify?

• allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin

Darn it - sorry! I had a fix in the core Editor file, but not in the styling integration file which also contains an error.

You can delete that line in the editor.dataTables.mjs file for the moment as a workaround. I'll get this patched and pushed out soon.

Allan

• rwgreenwoodrwgreenwood Posts: 43Questions: 13Answers: 0

Thanks for your help on this. Will look for a new version.