searchPanes and searchBuilder not compatible with serverside processing?

searchPanes and searchBuilder not compatible with serverside processing?

ngohangoha Posts: 3Questions: 2Answers: 0
edited June 2023 in Free community support

Error messages shown:

Description of problem:
Hi I'm having this error when I turned on serverSide option and return JSON.stringify(data) for data option.
It worked well before when I return data only but not JSON.stringify it. However, I need to enable serverSide and without JSON.stringify, the new request format is weird and I cannot parse it into normal object types to process on the server side. The error happens for both searchPanes and searchBuilder. I looked it up but no where seems to have this error before. Any help is appreciated! :)

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Answer ✓

They are, but the server-side needs to support them. There are examples in our Editor examples:

Our server-side libraries for .NET, PHP and Node.js all support this and they can be used without an Editor license.

Allan

• ngohangoha Posts: 3Questions: 2Answers: 0

Thanks for the answer. I'm trying to integrate SearchBuilder with NodeJS editor right now to read from the table only. Do I need to use knex or connect to the database? Because our database is nosql and rows are created on flight from the server side.
    I'm trying to create a new instance of Editor() without any params and then define the fields but the error is "Can't read property of undefined (reading 'table')".

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Our Editor Node.js libraries use Knex to serve as an abstraction layer to support a bunch of different SQL databases. We do not have such an abstraction layer for NoSQL databases I'm afraid. For that you would need to implement the server-side processing code for SearchPanes and SearchBuilder against your database.

The documentation needed is available in the manuals for those two components:

Allan