SearchBuilder: Close modal when clicking search button?

SearchBuilder: Close modal when clicking search button?

fernandodelvalle_mmmfernandodelvalle_mmm Posts: 6Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,

I'm using SearchBuilder with server side processing, I have configured SearchBuilder to be used with buttons options and liveSearch = false. I was wondering if it's possible that when I press the Search button that the SearchBuilder modal closes automatically.

Thanks!

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,839Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Its a nice idea, but I'm afraid there is no option for that at the moment. When I'm next working on SearchBuilder I'll take a look at this.

Allan

• fernandodelvalle_mmmfernandodelvalle_mmm Posts: 6Questions: 1Answers: 0

I have another question regarding SearchBuilder. I have a date field type for SearchBuilder that's a date of birth. Right now the included datetime picker only allows me to choose from the year 1999. Is it possible to change this to earlier years?

@allan aside from the last question, I also noticed when I choose a date from the datetime picker in SearchBuilder I have the format MM/DD/YYYY. After I click the search button, close the SearchBuilder modal and reopen the SearchBuilder modal again, the format shown is YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS. Not sure if that's the expected behavior.

No its not. The format shouldn't change.

Added to the list!

Allan

Thanks @allan. One last question, I have a date field type for SearchBuilder that's a date of birth. Right now the included datetime picker only allows me to choose from the year 1999. Is it possible to change this to earlier years? Thanks!

There is an option for the available year's in DateTime - but that isn't made accessible via SearchBuilder. What you could do though is to set the default value and that should do it. See yearRange.

Allan

Great, I'll take a look at the yearRange option. Thanks!

Another thing I noticed @allan, when using SearchBuilder with serverSide = true, when I choose the data field, the condition and then the input appears, when I click on the input to type but I hit the Enter key from the keyboard the whole page does a refresh. Just to report it in case that's not the intended behavior.

Thanks again!

Answer ✓

No it is not. Thanks for letting me know about that. Do you have a form around the whole table and container perhaps?

Allan

@allan thank you for that. There was a form tag involved but not on the table. I had moved the SearchBuilder button with jquery to another section of the HTML and I didn't realize that section had a form tag. Thank you for guiding me to the situation!